Sare Jahan Se Acha Hindustan Hamara! As soon as I hear or read “August” anywhere, I connect it with our “Independence Day”, and I think there must be many of you share the same emotion with this month. August is the month of celebrations and not just our “Aazaadi Divas” but the month of August has much more for you.
The lineup of festivities in this month is as follows:
5th August: Friendship Day
15th August: Independence Day
22nd August: Eid-al-Adha/ Bakra Eid
24th August: Onam
26th August: Raksha Bandhan
And today I am writing about The SIX MUST HAVEs this August
- A White Outfit: Everyone must have a white outfit for the Independence Day whether it be a white shirt paired with blue denim or a white dhoti kurta or a white salwar kameez with a bright orange, or multi-colored dupatta. Nothing can beat white for Independence Day.
- A Breathtaking Indian wear: No matter which religion you follow, at the end of the day you are “Bhartiya Nari“. On the occasion of Eid or Raksha Bandhan, nothing could suit you more than an Indian wear. It’s an absolute must-have for this August. Few of the running colors for this awesome blossom month are red, hot pink, orange and bright green.
- Bright Colorful Nail Paint: In the month of August, almost everything is blooming around you, everything is bright, fresh and shiny! So, why not get some peppy pop-bright colors for your tips and toes? This August get some nice bright orange, peach, lime green and hot pink.
- Light Colored Sunglasses: During this month, most of us face the mosquito problem while riding a bike or scooter. Hence, for all the cool riders its a must for you to carry a light shade sunglasses as you can wear dark sunnies on a cloudy day!
- Waterproof Makeup: Yes, as I had mentioned in my previous blog as well – Waterproof Makeup is a must in your list until the rainy season gets off.
- Mosquito Repellent Cream: This is by far – The Most Important Must-Have, in August! There are so many events lined up and I’m sure you don’t want to end up sick lying in bed! August is a beautiful month because of rains, but it’s the month of diseases too and most of them are caused by the mosquito bites. So, keep yourself ready with the fighter. You can get this at any medical store.
Enjoy this month at the fullest and take care of yourself, as its that part of the year – where all the celebrations start.
Loads of love.