If falling for a place was a thing, then Udaipur would be the perfect choice for it. Udaipur a.k.a the City of Lakes is a place with historical monuments to scenic beauty to mesmerising lakes to romantic view.
Be it a weekend getaway, a romantic trip, a trip with friends, or a trip with your family, Udaipur will never be the wrong choice for any trips! The place is just PUUUUUURRRRRFECT!
Being a popular destination, Udaipur is easily accessible via air, rail, and road.
What you need to know!
- By Air: Maharana Pratap Airport or Dabok Airport is 22 km from the center of the city and is connected to major cities of India like Delhi, Mumbai through the major airlines.
- By Rail: Udaipur is connected to all the major cities vis train such as Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Jaipur among the popular ones.
- By Road: Udaipur is accessible via fairly good road service connecting the primary state and national highways to and fro for a memorable trip.
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR) works in all parts of the city.
- Language: the people of the city are very comfortable with Hindi and Mewadi along with English making it quite convenient for the tourists.
- When to visit: Rains add another beauty to the city, making the time from September to March a treat to visit.
Food Food Food!
I am a big time foodie and gained a lot in the last 6 months! I can suggest a few fantastic places which are a must to try!
- For Local Food: Try the local traditional food of Udaipur in the form of dal bati or a traditional thali at Natraj or at The Traditional Khana, and you must try the famous Paliwal kachori making a perfect refreshment.
- For view: Enjoy scrumptious food with an enthralling view of the lake at Ambrai, Upre, Udai Kothi, Lakend, The Sunset Terrace
- For coffee: Relish a warm cup of coffee with the peace of the city at Vinod cafe with a fantastic view of Fateh Sagar (Coffee in Kulhad), and you can check other outlets CCD, Royale Brewmen, 14C Cafe & Bistro
The city also offers the facility of Zomato and Swiggy on days when you just want to stay in and enjoy your meals. For exclusive home-delivered non-veg food, try D’Flavour, they have the actual Rajasthani desi touch in their preparations. (I strongly recommend D’Flavour)
You can ping me anytime on Instagram @nikohlife if you need any help related to food <3
Udaipur is not just about lakes or food, there are a lot of places that you can visit, I am listing down a few of them here
- City Palace
- Bagore ki Haveli
- Temples- Jagdish Temple, Mahalaxmi Temple
- Monsoon Palace aka Sajjangarh Palace
- Saheliyo ki badi
- Shopping at local markets like Bhattiyani Chohatta, Jagdish Chawk, Lal Ghat, Hathi Pole, etc
- Lake Pichola
- Gangaur Ghat
- Fatehsagar Lake
- Boat ride to Jagmandir Palace
And if you plan to stay in Udaipur for more than three days, then you can also visit these places
- Nathdwara: Shrinath ji Temple
- Distance – 48km from Udaipur.
- Lots of shops around the temple for paintings and dresses for Shri Nath Ji and Lord Krishna.
- Distance – 90km from Udaipur
- Kumbalgarh Fort
- Distance – 86km from Udaipur
- Chittorgarh Fort
- Distance – 100km from Udaipur
Checking Udaipur from your list of the dream destination makes worth a visit. Believe me, I live here, and none of my friends regretted visiting Udaipur!
Hope to see you soon here!
Till then, Chao! Take Care!