#Kajal is the most essential product in my vanity. I never step out of my house without applying it. There are plenty of brands selling Kajal at prices ranging from INR 10 – INR 3500 (as per my research). I don’t know how many brands I have used, but today I own ten brands namely Maybelline, Colorbar, Sephora, MAC, Lakme, Nykaa, Biotique, Faces, Blue Heaven, and Sugar. I will try to review some of them in the coming days, but today we will be talking about COLORBAR JUST SMOKY KAJAL.
I don’t know why, but whenever I see anyone wearing full makeup without Kajal, they look incomplete to me. Kajal intensifies the entire look, and it gives depth to the face.
It makes the eyes look bigger and brighter. It is a significant part of makeup for me, so I keep on changing and trying the brands. However, I’m in love with JUST SMOKY KAJAL by Colorbar for more than 7-years, and it has a permanent place in my makeup bag.
By now, you must’ve guessed where this review is going! Hah!
Let’s see what does the brand claims.
- A pencil kajal with high-pigment matte color that lasts up to 12 hours
- Built-in smudger allows you to play with the intensity of your look
- Has a soft, velvety texture that glides smoothly onto your lids
- Boasts of a waterproof, smudge-proof, and transfer-resistant formula
- Formulated in Germany
- Dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested
- Free of paraben, mineral oils and formaldehyde
- This product is vegetarian
- Colorbar is a cruelty-free brand
(source: Nykaa website)
What I have to say about it?
This is not a paid review, and I’m totally head over heels for this product!
It is perfect for an intense, mysterious, sexy, smokey eye look that everyone dreams about!
- It glides very easily
- Lasts up to 12 Hours: Tried and Tested! I used to wear this Kajal for work, from there to the gym! I have tested, and it does last for more than 12 hours for me (10 am to 10 pm)
- Waterproof, and smudge-proof
- It is highly pigmented and has a creamy texture
- It can be used for both upper and lower lids and for the waterline as well.
- It’s available in the local markets as well as online.
- Sharpening leads to wastage of the product
- You need to smudge very quickly
Price: INR 675
Nikohlife’s Score 5/5 (I really wish I could put 100/5)
It comes in nine different shades.
- Just Black
- Just Grey
- Just Green
- Just Teal
- Just Blue
- Just Brown
- Just Electra
- Just Marsala
- Just Denim
I have used Black, Grey, Marsala, Denim, Teal.
If you are disappointed with other brands’ claims for 12-hours stay, you should definitely try this!
You can buy it here.
PS: The staying-power of Kajal does not just depend on the brand of ingredients, it also depends on the type of skin we have. Kajal tends to run out a bit sooner if you have oily skin.
Pro Tip: Dab a lil loose setting powder under the eyes before applying Kajal, and it will stay longer.
If you have any queries about this product, drop a comment below or DM me on Instagram.
You can also check other reviews too